Pro-57b

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Pro-57b
From: n4si@techinter.com (n4si)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 01:07:22 +0000

> ive got a 67b so dont know how much this will help...but that 'y' isnt
> hard to replace..you dont have to drop the antenna since it should be
> accessible from the tower top. something like water getting into the
> coax may do this.
>
> --

I forgot to mention that in my earlier post, checking, changing,
testing the feedline to the tuning stubs is a top-o-the-tower job; no
dropping the aluminum.

Incidentally, that's a desirable design feature (in some cases; not
always possible); accessibility. Maybe we ought to start a thread on
that.

TH5,6,7s all can have co-ax work down from the tower. TA/CL33s can
also, and the elements can be lined up from the tower. 4 element 40
meter KLMs you have to walk the plank.

There must be lots more knowledge out there.

73, Rod N4SI
    The DXer formerly known as N9AKE
         (c) 5 November, 1996