NEC & Tower Permits

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: NEC & Tower Permits
From: broz@csn.net (John Brosnahan)
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 21:35:30 -0700
>Wouldn't you think that NEC 810-13 is refering to two feet of clearance
>between the electrical service and a STANDING tower rather than two feet of
>clearance as it falls down?
>
>Stan  w7ni@teleport.com

Stan, I wasn't very clear, obviously.  Sorry.  I agree with your interpretation.
Here is my response to someone else who interpreted what I said the
same way as you did, with some additional clarifications, since
my first clarification was also less than clear!  I was just addressing
the issues marked by the >>> in the original post.

John  W0UN

>>>Again, yes, it's a good idea, but is it really "code"?  (I don't have
>>>the NEC handy to determine if what his says is valid or correct.)

Ken,

I think you are correct in your interpretation.  I was just trying
to quote part of the NEC and show that 1)  that paragraph does exist
and 2)  that it addresses <250V rather than >250V.

Chad will have to argue the interpretation on his own, but it is clear
to me that it doesn't mean "falling" distance.

John

John Brosnahan
La Salle Research Corp.
24115 County Road 40