[TowerTalk] Lightning Protection Components

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lightning Protection Components
From: ki0dz@juno.com (Mary-Frances R. Bartels)
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 14:23:41 MST
On Thu, 10 Apr 1997 15:41:24 +0300 Mihail Mateescu <yo3ctk@alltrom.ro>
writes:
>A personal experience: my wife and myself were hit by a lightning
>strike, in a summer afternoon, when we took shelter under a tree from
>sudden shower. This was happening in the middle of Bucharest, Capital

   Lightening can also happen during a snowstorm.  I was nearly struck
when hiking a 14,000+ ft mountain.  Thought it was safe at the time.  Boy
was I wrong.  This experience, while it did have a happy ending, was THE
MOST FRIGHTENING one in my entire life.

>this story, some comical and some very sad, which I refrain to tell
>here.

   Glad your story, while a lot longer than mine, also turned out fine.
   My point:  Lightening can happen without hearing thunder ahead of time
and without rain.  Beware of snowstorms too.
                                                     73,
                                                     Mary-Frances

Mary-Frances R. Bartels                         (((#)))     ^     ^
Amateur Radio Callsign: KI0DZ     Denver, CO       |         ^ - ^
"Owner and Operator" of Rudolph's Rabbit Ranch  -------      (o o)
Independent Rep. of Watkins products            |ooOoo|    >{  |  }<
(303) 428-5884   ki0dz@juno.com                 -------        "      )*