[TowerTalk] Yaesu GSX1000 Rotor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu GSX1000 Rotor
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher, W4AN)
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 09:44:03 -0400 (EDT)

Well Friday I finally got around to swapping out one of the Yaesu 1000
rotor's I had turning a 48' boom 20M yagi.  I thought ya'll might be
interested in knowing this rotor turned this antenna without a hitch for 8
mos.  In two wind storms the antenna turned in the rotor.  On both occasions
the antenna ended up pointing SE.  After that I turned the antenna to the SE
when I left and never had another problem.

I think this rotor is super.  The control box has point and click and the
needle on the control box can be removed and repositioned if the antenna
changes directions.

73

Bill

Bill Fisher, W4AN (EX KM9P)