[TowerTalk] Re: Ground Rods & Ohms

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Ground Rods & Ohms
From: jon.zaimes@dol.net (AA1K jon zaimes)
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 03:06:31 -0400 (EDT)
A former neighbor introduced me to a "post hole driver" years ago. It is
basically a two-foot length of pipe with one end closed. The internal
diamter needs to be bigger than the pipe you are driving into the ground.
The driver has two "handles" -- steel rod that forms a broad "U" on two,
opposite sides of the pipe.

 To install a fence post or ground rod, you grasp the handles and place the
open end of the driver over the post. Let it drop, or add some muscle to it.
Much easier and safer than using a sledge on the ladder.

These may be availble from farm-supply outlets.

73/Jon AA1K