[TowerTalk] Stacked TH-11 and 40-2CD Spacing and Interactions?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stacked TH-11 and 40-2CD Spacing and Interactions?
From: majewski@erim.org (Ron Majewski)
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 17:41:34 -0400
Hello to all,

I am currently pondering an antenna stack starting with
a HyGain TH-11 with a Cushcraft 40-2CD about 8ft above it.
Is this nominally enough space between the antennas?

I remember hearing somewhere (the infamous "somewhere") that the
40-2CD has a secondary resonance around 18 MHz.  Can anyone verify this?
If this is true, am I setting myself up for an interaction problem when
I use the TH-11 on the 17m band?

I would appreciate any insight or experience you can share with me.

Thank you and 73,

Ron (W8RU)
majewski@erim.org