[TowerTalk] Limited Space

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Limited Space
From: aa4lr@radio.org (Bill Coleman AA4LR)
Date: Fri, 2 May 97 17:31:34 -0400
On 3/19/97 2:28 PM, Phil Smith at psmith@marsh.vinu.edu wrote:

>Would the Butterbut HF5B Butterfly  beam be an approriate antenna for my
>situation?  Will the HB5B operate any better than an all band vertical
>such as the R-7000?

I had (well, it is still in my garage, interested?) a HF4B up at 35' at
my old QTH, before I replaced it with an A3S. Today, my primary antenna
for 40-10m is an R7000.

At any reasonable height, the HF5B will perform better than the R7000. Of
course, it doesn't cover 40m, but it does have some gain and directivity
on 20, 15 and 10m. The R7000 may have a slightly lower angle of
radiation, but no gain or directivity.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr@radio.org
Quote: "Not in a thousand years will man ever fly!"
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901