[TowerTalk] Noalox separating?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Noalox separating?
From: force12@interserv.com (force12@interserv.com)
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 11:28:17 -0700
 Good morning, Steve.

Yes, it is not uncommon to have Noalox (or other similar compounds) in this
condition. As you know, Force 12 uses large quantities of this anti-oxidant
and it does happen occasionally. We purchase from a large distributor and
the stock is always fresh - none of the bottles are dusty!

I usually notice it when I am in the field and grab a bottle from one of my
tubs. My best guess is that it probably got quite hot in the tub, which is
usually in the big truck, which is usually in the sun because it is too big
for the garage. I shake up the bottle and then it seems to be all right.

Force 12 also supplies a brush with each antenna to go along with the packet
of anti-oxidant. The packets are always OK. I also carry some of those
brushes in the field in case I want to stir it up on a cooler day. Besides,
it is much nicer to apply it with a brush.

Have a good day and 73,
                        Tom, N6BT
                        Force 12 Antennas and Systems
                        (Home Page   http://www.QTH.com/force12 )