[TowerTalk] Rain Static vs Feed System

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rain Static vs Feed System
From: force12@interserv.com (force12@interserv.com)
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 11:28:32 -0700
Good morning.

I get asked this all the time! I also ask for input all the time, too. So
far, there has been no definitive answer one way or the other.

I have used both ways and had rain static on both. One morning on 80 mtrs
last winter, we tracked a highly charged cloud (the "putt-putt" sound)
across central California. It was raining before the cloud, during the cloud
and after the cloud passed by. We had several types of antennas. Some were
insulated, some were not. The antennas included Yagis, dipoles, loops and
verticals. We all heard the same thing as it passed by.

Am sure open to ideas!!

Have a good day and 73,
                        Tom, N6BT
                        Force 12 Antennas and Systems