[TowerTalk] Phillystran vs EHS Guywire

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Phillystran vs EHS Guywire
From: ai7b@teleport.com (Bob Wruble)
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 17:44:36 -0700
ehs or aircraft cable (acc better im my opinion cuz its much easier to wk with)
definitly cheaper.   i just did a phillstran tower and sure enjoyed the ease of
wking with the stuff and the electrical transparency of it but i don't think it
is a markedly better guy material...always used aircraft cable which agn in my
opinion is a lot easier to wk with than ehs........installing  all  those eggs
is very time
sonsuming and hard on the hands but very doable........ but they do provide more
failure points in ur guy system.......guy wires will pull thru the eggs and the
cable
clamps if caught by a vehicle like a delivery truck.....seen it happen.  the
way arn that
is to use nicopress fittings but of course they drive the costs up!!

u cud argue that philly not as good in that it will burn/melt and can be cut
with
a shorty knife ....u shud use wire near the ground or over any structures that
cud catch fire.

73 w7gg

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>