[TowerTalk] yagi comments

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] yagi comments
From: ftbrady@cosmoslink.net (Frank T. Brady)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 13:52:52 -0700
Dennis,

 Thanks for taking the time to respond.

 Please note that in my original post I explained why I was asking the
questions in a public forum - to stimulate debate over the various antenna
values.  I hardly think the best place to get an unbiased opinion of a
product is from the manufacturer, and if I had done that I would not have
benefited from the many responses I've received from this forum.

 I'm very pleased with what I've learned by asking the question, and I was
NOT questioning the free market system - I was soliciting opinions, and it
worked.

73,
 Frank - W0ECS

PS - DITTO your comment about an American mfr.

Dennis wrote:

>Hi Frank,
>
>I'm a happy user of a C-3.  It went together as advertised, worked right
off, held up in gale-force winds (which the Cushcraft didn't).  This is the
first spring in which I did not have to rebuild my beam.  I like it.  It
works.  I don't even remember what I paid for it.

>I'm wondering why you publically ask why it cost so much.  Why do you think
that this is a suitable topic for the reflector?  Why don't you ask Tom at
Force 12 directly?

>The American way is to let the market decide.  No one is being compelled to
buy a Force 12 antenna.  By golly, it is a pleasure to see an American
company take a chance in the ham business.