[TowerTalk] Tailtwister rotator followup

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tailtwister rotator followup
From: twoway@scoden.ma.ultranet.com (Scott Bullock)
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 22:46:28 -0400 (EDT)
Hi all,
Thought some may be interested in the followup on the broken Tailtwister
that I had posted about approx 1 month ago.

I did indeed send it to Hy-Gain, they do have a flat rate for
rotators-decided to send the control box too, so it could be checked out.
They charged me $140.00 flat rate for both.

Here is what they did for the money. Cleaned unit complete, repainted upper
mast support with Hy-Gain Black (keeps the bees away), replaced all the case
bolts with new stainless bolts, replaced lower housing, installed new brake
wedge,new brake solenoid, new potentiometer,new rotor side terminal strip,
new base and gear shaft assembly, complete new bearings, new bottom cover,
tested unit complete.

I will add that this thing was a rusty basket case inside before I sent it
out, now it's like brand new completely.

If you ever need a Hy-Gain rotor serviced, just send it to them-just the
rotor is cheaper than with the control box, and definitely worth it.

Turnaround time was about 3 weeks including shipping.

Now if I just had the tower up to put it on, i'd really be all set. <G>

73,
Scott
KA1CLX

P.S. Thanks all for your suggestions on this, once again Towertalkians have
saved the day!