[TowerTalk] Tower Complaints

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Complaints
From: w7ni@teleport.com (Stan Griffiths)
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 12:18:57 -0700 (PDT)
>Stan Griffiths wrote:
>>
>> Awhile back, I posted parts of a story about my friend K7JB and his quest to
>> get permission to put up a new 70 foot tower in Washington County, Oregon.
>
>                               (etc)
>
>Geeeze - the early Americans thought King George was a tyrant?
>de KL7HF  (Thank God I live here. No regs, no costs!)

W7NI's 2 cent prediction:  It can't last.

Some extreme environmentalist group against towers is bound to catch up with
Alaska one of these days.  Right now, they are too busy dealing with oil
spills, salmon runs, and stuff like that.  Eventually they will get around
to aesthetics . . .

I wish I could divert their attention to the de-commissioned Trojan nuclear
power plant with 20 years worth of toxic nuclear waste sitting on the banks
of the Columbia River just upstream from the center of Portland . . . but
NOOOOOO, they have to sit there and scream about harmless ham towers . . .

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com