[TowerTalk] ALUMINUM V COPPER

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ALUMINUM V COPPER
From: w2up@itw.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 15:54:27 +0000
On 12 Jul 97, CQK8DO@aol.com <CQK8DO@aol.com> wrote:

> << A 100' roll of our 1.5"-wide copper strap lists for
>       $100.95 >>
> Ya know, I only need about a thousand feet of that stuff to do the job up
> right...

You have to look at the cost-benefit ratio. I presume you are
insured, so why spend mega-bucks for protection which probably
wouldn't work on a direct hit, anyway. Do you think your homeowners
ins. co. is going to give you an "ultimate lightning protection
discount?"

I believe reasonable lightning protection makes sense (after all, we
still have a deductible), but why go overboard? That's what insurance
is for...

--
Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet: w2up@itw.com
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com