[TowerTalk] KC1XX's 8 10M yagis

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] KC1XX's 8 10M yagis
From: geoiii@bga.com (george fremin iii)
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 01:25:50 -0500 (CDT)
Ian White, G3SEK writes:

>Tyler Stewart wrote:
>>Bill Fisher - W4AN wrote:
>
>We can certainly talk 144 or 432, where contesters use 8-high stacks to
>increase the gain without narrowing the beamwidth. For the simplest
>system, feeding all antennas through equal line lengths, the maximum
>length is no more than it would take to reach the top antenna. The main
>distribution point is half-way up the stack, so 6 out of the 8 feedlines
>have to be coiled up to "lose" some length.

You don't have to use equal lengths of feedlines - they can
be diffrent lengths - as long as they are diffrent by multiples
of one wavelength.

BTW you can get a slightly better pattern if the middle antennas
have more power going to them then the outer ones.

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.     "It is hard to be in one place at the same time."