[TowerTalk] TIC Ring intermittents

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TIC Ring intermittents
From: w2up@itw.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 10:03:23 +0000
On 25 Sep 97, tgstewart@pepco.com <tgstewart@pepco.com> wrote:

> It's a heck of a lot easier to just back the motor assembly off the ring,
> set the control box andantenna on North, and reengage the motor assy.

Definitely!

> On the 1022b's, I have had  a dirty pot for quite some time...I
think he
> said he was going to the clarostats to correct that problem.    I also had
> problems with pinched pot wires in the motor assy. on a couple of them
> which caused problems similar to what you describe.

To fix the problem, I used an external 100 and 400 ohm resistor to
simulate the direction indicating pot. This allows rotation, which is
completely disabled when the open spot is hit. Rotating back and
forth 10-15 times acorss the bad spot fixed mine, over 2 years now
without recurrence. Just be careful you don't over-rotate!
73 Barry

--
Barry Kutner, W2UP                            Internet: w2up@itw.com
Newtown, PA                                   Frankford Radio Club