[TowerTalk] Maintenance of "Natural Towers"

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Maintenance of "Natural Towers"
From: ki0dz@juno.com (Mary-Frances R. Bartels)
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 21:18:52 MST
Mike and others,
>My concern with a Colrado Blue Spruce that is only 30 feet tall, is if
>the
>top 10 feet or so are strong enough to hold the mast, antenna and
>rotor and
>not sag drastically? I seem to recall from my northern days that this
>tree
>really tapers fast at the top...
>
>73  de Mike K5UO
   Very good point Mike.  You're probably right.  Thanks to others who
responded also!  Probably shouldn't try this, but thought I'd ask anyway.
 Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  (BTW, several years ago I pruned a
lot of branches off the bottom to make mowing easier.  They did NOT grow
back.)
                                                      73,
                                                      Mary-Frances

Mary-Frances R. Bartels  KI0DZ DM79lt  Denver CO  (((#)))   ^     ^
http://www.qsl.net/ki0dz  ki0dz@juno.com             |       ^ - ^
Watkins products Rep. #92389                      -------    (o o)
***Let US scan your photos and documents!***      |ooOoo|  >{  |  }<
http://www.freeyellow.com/members/beyond-infinity -------         RRR)*