[TowerTalk] High Voltage

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] High Voltage
From: w5robert@blkbox.com (Robert W5AJ)
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 22:26:42 -0500
Low voltage below 600V is correct
(except medium voltage is 600v to about 15K)
BUT OHSA considers that anything above
50 Volts can be fatal.  Working around such voltages requires
the proper PPE (like gloves,shoes, face sheild, etc.) as defined
in NFPA 70E. -I'll let you read it to believe it.

I keep a copy of each issue of the NEC for work - I hate to say for
posssible legal actions and we have to determine what the code said
when something was installed.  The latest NEC is on CD and a search
is an easy item to do these days.
Back to TOWERS:
Robert