[TowerTalk] telescoping steel mast vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] telescoping steel mast vertical
From: ftbrady@earthlink.net (Frank T. Brady)
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 13:39:54 -0800 (PST)
Hi all -

 I've just purchased two Rohn H50 steel telescoping antenna support masts.
They have 5 sections that extend to about 50 feet.  I bought them to support
a G5RV or Double Zepp, but as I was surveying the installation area I
thought maybe they could serve a dual purpose as verticals for 20 and/or 40
meters.

 I figure these things can be guyed with "Kevlar+Dacron" non stretch rope
(static test weight = 500 pounds) from "The Radio Works" and maybe mounted
on an insulator. I'm having trouble getting Rohn to tell me whether or not
this is ok - I bought the masts from Talley in San Diego and they had no
information sheet on the masts.

 I would like to correspond with any of you that have done something similar
or have thoughts about it.

 I also need to know a source of insulators for this kind of vertical.

 73,
 Frank T. Brady - W0ECS
 Wildomar CA