[TowerTalk] Rohn Telescoping Masts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn Telescoping Masts
From: ftbrady@earthlink.net (Frank T. Brady)
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 14:29:48 -0800 (PST)
Since I am currently doing a lot of antenna planning using the Rohn masts, I
appreciate any email regarding this subject.  I've really taken my lumps on
these masts.  I ordered two H50s from Talley in San Diego and drove 60 miles
to pick them up personally.  Only then did I find that the masts are really
only a little over 44 feet extended.  Since I had already paid for these I
brought them home and immediately began the quest for a pair of H70s (which,
extended, are 60 feet).

I was told by Hutton Communications (Denver office) that the price
(wholesale, I think) for the H70 is $119.88 and the shipping cost (same for
one or two) from Denver to So CA was $83.  So now I'm looking at 2 X $119.88
+ $83 + the markup a local retailer will charge to place the order for me.

If I can find a buyer for my two H50s, it will sure help defray the cost of
two H70s.  I don't know whether or not it's permitted to 'advertise' on the
list, but I guess I'll find out.

Also, since the $119 that R&L Electronics quoted was wholesale, I'm
wondering if they sell to the public?

Also, the location and telephone number for R&L if possible.

73s and seasons greetings,
 Frank T. Brady