[TowerTalk] Antenna Wire

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Wire
From: wa3afs@soli.inav.net (Bruce Goldstein)
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 17:40:22 +0000
I have constructed inverted Vs throughout the years from whatever I
had available.  Sometimes insulated, sometimes not.  As long as the
wire is not touching anytime too conductive, then the non insulated
is fine.  If I was going to pass through trees, then I would prefer
to have a little insulation for the summertime (especially if it
rained or was very damp).

Otherwise, the electrons escaped through the insulation without
difficulty and arrived at their various destinations in good
condition.  (I always liked inverted Vs over dipoles).

I did find that the larger diameter wire produced a little more
bandwith having less than 2:1 SWR.  Has anyone made an inverted Vee
out of aluminun irrigation pipe?  Should cover a couple of bands!

Actually, if you have the proper skyhook (trees greater than 1/4
wavelength, then I would recommend looking into the coaxial inverted
Ls which a super for DX and have a very good bandwidth.

73s and have a happy and healthy new year.

Bruce, WA3AFS
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date:          Tue, 30 Dec 1997 11:45:02 -0800
From:          John Kjos <KB9RPM@centuryinter.net>
To:            towertalk@contesting.com

I am going to construct an Inverted V for 160 and 80.Any thoughts on
using insulated wire versus bare?Thank you,John KB9RPM