[TowerTalk] Re: Building Reversible Beverage Boxes

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Building Reversible Beverage Boxes
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 13:01:49 -0600
Presumably, larger cores will have a higher saturation level
and therefore be more immune to intermod products from
BC stations.

I used to use small cores and small wire.  My East Beverage
runs parallel to the power line feed lines coming to my house
for about 150 ft, spaced about 30 ft.   Following a nearby
lightning strike, the insulated stranded wires connecting  to the
small core transformer vaporized and the transformer and its
wires were nowhere to be found.  I have since replaced this
transformer with a high mu 1 inch diameter core using #20
wire.  It has been in place for several years now.  All of my
transformers are wired directly to the feedlines/Beverages,
no boxes, no boards, only an upside down medium size
(4 inch by 2.5 inch diameter) plastic bottle (TUMS) for protection
from the elements, open at the bottom.  No more problems.

de  Tom  N4KG

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]