[TowerTalk] Towers On Rentals

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Towers On Rentals
From: davidh@getnet.com (davidh@getnet.com)
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 98 04:54:52 +0000
I rented a place in Tempe, AZ in the late 70's. The landlord allowed me
to put up 40 feet of Rohn 25. I solved the problem of not taking down the
tower when I moved by finding him another ham as a renter - a friend. The
friend had a good stock of Rohn 25 so I swapped him towers.

Having been a landlord for the past 13 years and seeing what tenants are
capable of I would not allow a ham to erect a tower on my rental property
( Flame proof suit is on!). Most renters typically have little respect
for the places they rent and my experiences have not been as bad as some
landlords I know. A small vertical on the roof would be it.

Dave N7RK

*

Dave  N7RK -  Webmaster CADXA
Phoenix, Arizona         *DXCC Honor Roll*    *WAZ#23 - 75 Meter SSB*

                 ex-N7RK/ZB2, VK2ERK, ZM0AJN, WB6NRK, WN6IWX

Boatanchor Collector Extraordinaire preferring Hallicrafters, National
and what ever else looks interesting!

                                  \\-//
davidh@getnet.com                 (o!o)
http://www.getnet.com/~davidh
-
E-Mail Address                                        My Home Page

Visit the Central Arizona DX Association Home page --- http://cadxa.org