[TowerTalk] Forther HDR-300 Clarification?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Forther HDR-300 Clarification?
From: davidc@bit-net.com (DavidC)
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 13:08:38 -0400
I am considering buying a used HDR-300.  I am told by folks here that I
should have two concerns:
1.  The HDR-300 is less solid than the newer HDR-300A (I am told that
certain parts are prone to rust and other to break in the
     HDR-300 versus the HDR-300A).
2.  Some, or all, of the HRD-300 models do not fit standard Rohn 25 rotor
plates.

How do I determine if this particular model will fit a Rohn 25 tower plate
properly?
Can the HRD-300 be upgraded to a HDR-300A?  Cost for refurbishing and
upgrade?

Thanks & 73, DavidC  AA1FA