[TowerTalk] Lightning Protection Information

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lightning Protection Information
From: n7cl@mmsi.com (Eric Gustafson Courtesy Account)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 12:30:50 -0700

Towertalkans,

Sorry. I should have defined GPO in my previous message.  It
stands for the U.S Government Printing Office.  Here is one of
their "stores" where you can get the books.

           U.S. Government Bookstore Pueblo, Colorado

Norwest Banks Building
201 West 8th Street
Pueblo, CO 81003

Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except
Federal holidays

Phone: (719) 544-3142
Fax: (719) 544-6719

If you don't like this one, you can find one near you at this URL:

      http://www.access.gpo.gov/su_docs/sale/abkst001.html

Actually, I just failed to find the documents in a search of the
GPO database.

But here is a place where you can order this one and many, many
more.  This is a very good URL.  You might want to bookmark this
one:

http://www.doccenter.com/doccenter/cgi/new_doccenter-wais-search.cgi

There I found the following:

MIL-HDBK-419/1: GROUNDING, BONDING, & SHIELDING FOR ELECTRONIC
EQUIPMENTS & FACILITIES      ($57 - in stock)

MIL-HDBK-419/2: GROUNDING, BONDING, & SHIELDING FOR ELECTRONIC
EQUIPMENTS & FACILITIES,"    ($51 - in stock)

FAA-STD-019: LIGHTING PROTECTION,GROUNDING,BONDING & SHIELDING
REQUIREMENTS FOR FACILITIES"     ($22 -in stock)

FAA-STD-020: TRANSIENT PROTECTION, GROUNDING, BONDING AND
SHIELDING REQUIRMENTS FOR EQUIPMENT"   ($22 - in stock)

MIL-STD-188/124: GROUNDING, BONDING & SHIELDING FOR COMMON LONG
HAUL / TACTICAL COMMUNICATIONS"   (cancelled - not available)

So it looks like there is a lot of interesting info available.  I
have only sen the first two.  If you have them, you may not
really need the others.  But that last one looks a bit
interesting for application to an Amateur HF radio station.  Too
bad its no longer available.

If you find a cheaper place to get these (and you _are_ HAMs so I
know you can), please post the source here for all of us.

73, Eric  N7CL