[TowerTalk] HF Beam Comparisons - Continued!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HF Beam Comparisons - Continued!
From: davidc@bit-net.com (DavidC)
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 11:13:19 -0400
OK, but what about here in New England where ice and winds combine to
destroy all sorts of antennas ... most particularly larger quads?

Also, no one has yet responded to the question about side mounting a quad
... will the metal from a IIX swinging gate and proximity to the tower
terribly detune the quad?

What is the lowest (above poor rocky and gravely ground) a 40m quad may be
mounted and still work well for medium and dx?

Thanks & 73, DavidC  AA1FA