[TowerTalk] thanks for 25/45 comments

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] thanks for 25/45 comments
From: davidc@bit-net.com (DavidC)
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 21:05:58 -0400
> The 15 sq. ft was an estimate.  I don't think I'll go much beyond that
since I
> can't have the elements hanging over the neighbor's yard (just wait till
they
> see it... I can just see the dirty looks coming).  The yard width is only
> about 70'.
> Mark N3AVA/0

Mark:

   Have you chatted with your local building department and your insurance
company about this?

   I discovered that both wanted to know that my previous tower (90 feet)
was situated so that if it fell its full length that it could not land on
the neighbor's property, thus creating a liability problem for the
insurance company and a public health and safety issue from the perspective
of the building department.

   This reminds me, Allstate never returned my call with questions about
insurance coverage for the tower(s) I plan to put up and potential
lightning damage coverage.  Hmmm, time to rattle their cages!

73, DavidC  AA1FA