[TowerTalk] Fonts?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fonts?
From: n7cl@mmsi.com (Eric Gustafson Courtesy Account)
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 08:08:14 -0700

Jim,

Puhleeeze go into your MS Outlook Express options and set it to
send text only.  For some reason MS in its infinite wisdom
thought that it would be a good idea for the mailer to default to
sending mail messages as weirdly formatted text _followed_ by the
same message duplicated in HTML format complete with all the HTML
overhead.  A great deal of reflector bandwidth will be saved if
you turn this option off.  After you have run it for 6 months or
so, let me know what you think of Windows 98 (the operating
system with an expiration date).  I get a lot of questions about
it but have no experience beyond helping one frend get started
(he had the Outlook Express HTML problem too).

Thanks, 73, Eric  N7CL