[TowerTalk] Check me Please!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Check me Please!
From: k1vr@juno.com (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 10:20:57 EDT
From:
Fred Hopengarten  K1VR               781/259-0088
Six Willarch Road
Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
permanent e-mail address:  fhopengarten@mba1972.hbs.edu
if sending attachments:  k1vr@gis.net

On Mon, 07 Jun 1999 08:46:37 -0500 Lee Buller <k0wa@southwind.net>
writes:
>I am thinking that a trap is gone in the Driven Element.  But, Mosley
>says it could be any trap in either the reflector or the director that
>could cause it to act funning.  Before I run off and buy a lot of parts,

>what do you "august" experts think?

K1VR:  First thing I'd do is to take down the driven element and get it
to the ground. Then open up the two 20 meter traps.  Look closely closely
closely at the wires connecting the trap to the element and the screws
holding those coils (wires) in place.  Why start with the driven element?
Because it is easy, quick and cheap, and you can do it alone. It is one
of only a few things you can do without taking the beam down.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]