[TowerTalk] 80-meter vertical question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80-meter vertical question
From: davidh@getnet.com (davidh@getnet.com)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 99 13:40:35 +0000
Hi Paul - I have made many 80 meter verticals over the years. I use a 40
foot tv mast for the first 36 feet and that add the remainder made out of
aluminum tubing. I can attach the top section and than push the whole
thing up. I have been able to put up a 66 ft vertical this way by myself.
I wrote this up in QST in April of 1979 and it is also in one of the
recent ARRL Antenna Compendiums. The article is titled "BS from a Small
Lot...I mean a Big Signal from a Small Lot" It's a 3 band 66 ft vertical
covering 160-40. You might look at that for some construction ideas

73 and DX

Dave N7RK

Dave  N7RK -  Webmaster CADXA
Phoenix, Arizona         *DXCC Honor Roll*    *WAZ#23 - 75 Meter SSB*

                 ex-N7RK/ZB2, VK2ERK, ZM0AJN, WB6NRK, WN6IWX

Boatanchor Collector Extraordinaire preferring Hallicrafters, National
and what ever else looks interesting!

E-Mail: davidh@getnet.com
My Home Page:  http://www.getnet.com/~davidh

Visit the Central Arizona DX Association Home page - http://cadxa.org