[TowerTalk] Stacking a TH7 + 3 X TH6

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stacking a TH7 + 3 X TH6
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 12:43:41 -0600
N4KG  answer below.

On Wed, 04 Aug 1999 17:35 mcduffie@scottsbluff.net (Gary McDuffie, Sr.)
writes:

>On Wed, 4 Aug 1999 15:42:06 +0300 , markku.a.oksanen@nokia.com wrote:
>

>> I am putting up a TH7 + 2 TH6 at first (44,35,26 meters up) with
>third TH6 added later at 17m.
>
>This reminds me of a question I have been meaning to ask, so I'll
>piggy-back onto yours.
>
>Has anyone done experimenting with stacking two completely different
>tribanders?  I'm not going to do it, but would be curious to know the
>considerations.
>
>Gary
>--

Gary,

Consider a split dipole feed (TA-33, A3, A4,)
vs. a BETA match  (TH3, TH6)
vs. a capacitive (Mosley CL33)
vs. an open sleeve feed (Force 12).

Can you tell me what the *relative* phase shifts of each of these
matching systems is to each other?   I wouldn't have a clue.

If you are  going to aim them in different directions it doesn't matter.
But, if you want to aim them in the same direction for stacking GAIN,
you will need to be sure the driven element currents are within 30
degrees of each other.  How would you go about determining this?

de  Tom  N4KG