[TowerTalk] RE: Radio Shack ground rods

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: Radio Shack ground rods
From: k4tmc@juno.com (Henry A Pollock)
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 22:18:29 -0500
I can confirm Barry's warning.  I had one standing in the corner of my
deck leaning against the house for about 9 months only exposed to the
air, and it looks just like it was a piece of rebar.  There is no
evidence that there was ever any copper near it!  The original copper
coating must of been so thin that the rain washed it off!

73,
Henry Pollock - K4TMC
Raleigh, NC