[TowerTalk] Guy Wire Insulators: Where to find?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy Wire Insulators: Where to find?
From: ve3bbh@interlog.com (Paul Hicks, VE3ZT)
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 19:40:45 -0500
Hi Roy,

I like your philosophy, and it isn't just rationalizing to justify a
purchase in our own mind. To me, purchasing from vendors who give me
valuable advice and service is worth a lot. I don't normally try to grind
them down to the last buck, or go shopping on the web after
visiting/talking with them for information. Another thing that irks me is
people who are selling off their used gear. I've seen ham lists on the web,
gear in booths at hamventions, flea markets (estate sales, etc.), that's
ridiculously overpriced, other items that have been listed for darn near a
year with no bites. Why not reduce the price by 40-60 percent and get rid
of the stuff, or give it to an aspired new ham? Some hams are so damed
cheap it's embarrassing to be in a store with them. Lots older guys are
dying with this stuff cluttering up their basements, then their widows are
stuck with dealing with all this outdated junk at a time when they are the
least able to cope.

Ya, ya, I know, after a transceiver is over 10 years old, it's worth more
than it was when it was new because now it's an "antique."

73, Paul.

At 10:25 PM 12/5/1999 -0500, you wrote:

>Hi Gang,
>  After waiting 38 years for a tower, i got mine this year. I wasn't
>about to quible over 27 insulators and 54 preformed Big Grips

... snip