Re: [TowerTalk] Close call with death

To: "'Alan NV8A'" <nv8a@charter.net>, "'towertalk reflector'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Close call with death
From: "Michael Hatzakis" <lists@hatzakis.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 14:05:37 -0800
Its my belief that as a ham, whether you're digging a base for a tower, or
driving ground rods, you need to go to city hall and get the surveying
drawings for your house.  Most houses have these as part of their paperwork,
but if not, most cities and municipalities have these drawings easily
available.  Bad idea to do anything in backyard without this info.  When we
built our tower, we HAD to show these as part of our permit to build the
tower base.  I am sure there are plenty of people on TT with more info on
this.

mh