Re: [TowerTalk] 2" OD tubing inside a Rohn 25AG2

To: <K7LXC@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>, <k0is@iowatelecom.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 2" OD tubing inside a Rohn 25AG2
From: "Stan Stockton" <k5go@cycle-24.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 14:23:47 -0500
For what it's worth, I was always a little concerned about the
installation at my parents house when I was a kid.  It is 70 feet of
Rohn 45G on a hill with a little 2L 40 at the top of the tower, a 4
element 20 up about 8 feet and a 4 element 15 at about 16 feet above the
top of the tower.  The mast is 24 feet of 2 inch OD x .375 wall, 6061-T6
extruded aluminum.  I think I would really be concerned if that mast was
.250".  It has now been up over 35 years and never a slight hint of a
problem.  Two levels of guys and two of the three directions are to
large oak trees. All that still stands to support a star welded out of
rebar that lights up at Christmas time for my mother and everyone in
town who enjoys seeing it. :-)

Stan, K5GO