[TowerTalk] Force 12 XR-5

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 XR-5
From: Arthur Bernstein <abernstein@bramsonort.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 14:22:16 -0400
To Pete, N4ZR and Jamie WB4YDL,

Thanks for the info guys. Just after posting this on the list I contacted
Mark at Texas Antennas (new Force 12.) He basically said to go with the NEW
dimensions which also involved moving one bracket the ¾”. Seems easy to do.
I’ll be getting the larger rivets from him. When I put up the beam, it
won’t be too easy to bring up and down to make adjustments, so I want to be
sure it’s right the first time. A local friend of mine, KA2D, has one and
he had the old dimensions but made adjustments to the 15M and 17M drivers.
He does very well with it. This will be replacing a 30+ year old KLM KT-34A
which was a wonderful beam but didn’t have 12 and 17M.

It does seem strange that the movement of only ¾” could make a difference,
but that is affecting 3 elements and with the coupling system used, who
knows???

Again thanks.

73,

Art., N2KA..