Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: 80M Delta Loop

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: 80M Delta Loop
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2024 11:35:17 -0700
On 7/25/2024 11:18 AM, Fernando Gonzalez, EC1CT wrote:
Got you in 80 and 160 cw and I´m able to hear you almost every day of the low band season this side of the pond.
Not bad for a poor soil efficiency

Hi Fernando,

I also live on top of granite, in the Santa Cruz Mountains, five miles from the Pacific. I do well on 80M because my tall trees allow me to rig horizontal dipoles at about 30m. An important part of ham radio for me is learning and using the science of how it works to do better on the air!

Our only QSO was in Feb 2010 ARRL DX around 08Z on 80M. I'm about 3,000 miles farther from you than Ed is, and my path is through the auroral oval. Ed's path is over water.

73, Jim K9YC