Re: [TowerTalk] Grouting a New Tower?

To: towertalk@contesting.com, n6sj@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grouting a New Tower?
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 15:23:46 -0500 (EST)
>  I recently put up a US Tower HDX-589 crank-up.  UST  recommends grouting
the
the space between the base plate and the top of the  foundation block.  I
have purchased the proper non-shrink construction  grout and am getting
ready
to do the job.  But I'm concerned because I  used this stuff to patch my
house foundation before, and it sets up so  quickly I'm not sure how much I
should mix up at a  time.

I haven't seen any that set up THAT fast.  There's plenty of time in my
experience.

    You have to mix it pretty stiff so that it doesn't  run; e.g. the
consistency of plastic. The fully cured strength looks like  over 10 kpsi so
it's
plenty strong enough.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC