Re: [TowerTalk] Mixing your own concrete?

To: nv8a@att.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mixing your own concrete?
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:05:22 EDT
If memory serves me correctly, one bag of Ready-Mix or Sacrete is  equivalent
to 2/3 of cubic foot.  This means you would need a little  over 800 bags of
mix at approximately $2 a bag....$1600 for the stuff.  The  bags are heavy and
a pick up can haul maybe 40 or so.  Lots of trips to the  Depot.

Check the labels...I think the ones the Depot sells are either 3500 or  4000.

>From my experience with concrete in homebuilding in FL, as long as you are
constantly adding to the material in the hole you should have no problems.   If
you must stop for the day, it is best to leave a rough top to the  concrete.
Keep it moist. Leave lots of bumps and lumps at the  surface.  Putting a
couple of short pieces of rebar sticking out  wouldn't hurt.  Adhesion is
better if
done that way.

If at all possible get a truck to deliver to deliver the concrete already
mixed   Most trucks are either 9 or 10 yards.  If it is a 9  yarder, just tell
the dispatcher you want a 9-plus load.

The thought of mixing 10 yards of bag concrete makes me  shudder!!!!!!!!!

Bill K4XS