[TowerTalk] Rotator Pig Tail Connectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotator Pig Tail Connectors
From: TNeill1648@aol.com (TNeill1648@aol.com)
Date: Sat May 31 08:24:43 2003
The best solution I have found while using 3 Orion -2800 rotators is to cut
the connector off the end coming out of the rotator and use wire nuts to
connect to the cable into the radio room.  My longest run of cable to one of
the
Orion rotors is 400 feet.  Pig tail connectors on rotators are a high failure
item.  The wire nut approach has also been used on my Tail Twister rotator for
over 20 years and I have never had a failure due to using the wire nuts. FYI
and
it has worked very well for me.

Tom Neill, K4XG
Windy Hills Farm