[TowerTalk] More on soldering...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] More on soldering...
From: w7zrc@micron.net (Rod Greene)
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 97 17:52 MST
Hi Barry,

I don't have lots and lots of experience with this same problem
but I have encountered it when soldering radials to my ground
system common point. Couple of years ago I bought some silver solder
thinking it would last longer than the regular stuff. In the box was
a small bottle of liquid flux. This flux really made the difference.
I would heat up the wire with the torch, then drop a little of the flux
on and solder away with no problem.  If you want, I'll see if I can find
the product name for you.

        73, Rod

 When using a Propane torch, the wire seems to

----- Rod Greene, w7zrc@micron.net, <>< -----