NEC & Tower Permits

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: NEC & Tower Permits
From: kurscj@oampc12.csg.mot.com (Chad Kurszewski WE9V)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 10:13:26 -0600
I know it's a good idea, but did anyone ever have a tower permit denied
because it was within falling distance of electrical lines >250V?

The local building inspector cites NEC 810-13, something that the tower
cannot be within falling distance + 2' of power lines.

County zoning thinks it's okay if 2/3rds of your tower falls on the
neighbor's property, but the township doesn't want it near any power
lines.

Again, yes, it's a good idea, but is it really "code"?  (I don't have
the NEC handy to determine if what his says is valid or correct.)

Comments?  Help?  Ideas?

---
Chad Kurszewski, WE9V         e-mail:  Chad_Kurszewski@csg.mot.com
The Official "Sultans of Shwing" Web Site:  http://www.QTH.com/sos