[TowerTalk] Tri-Ex LM-354

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tri-Ex LM-354
From: k2qmf@juno.com (k2qmf@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 20:52:21 EDT
Hi George,

Alignment seems good and there is no noticeable scraping sound.
We have a 15 foot mast with a TH-5 at the top and a Cushcraft 2 el 40
ten feed below that.  Maybe that's the reason it is so hard to crank...

Will look into a motorized winch for the tower.

Thanks and 73,  Ted  K2QMF

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001 08:31:01 -0700 "Geo. Clute" <gclute@home.com> writes:
>I would check the rail guides, pulley bearings, and cable alignment to
>and from the pulley's.
>Maybe more information is in order here.   How much weight do you have
>on the tower?  Do you hear any metal on metal scraping sounds?
>
>George
>W7LFD

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
http://www.championradio.com