[TowerTalk] Telrex TB30? BakeLite insulator

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Telrex TB30? BakeLite insulator
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 10:43:55 -0600
Hi Richard,

Telrex used MICARTA insualtors.  That is an expensive grade
of PHENOLIC which can be found at many Plastics Suppliers.
It comes is several different diameters and thicknesses.

73 / GL,  Tom  N4KG

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 10:54:27 -0500 Richard Thorne <rthorne@tcac.net>
writes:
> Hi Group:
>
> A local ham had some damage from high winds last week.  One half of
> the
> driven element broke at the bakelite insulator at the boom.
>
> Anyone have a replacement insulator or know where one can be found?
>
> I thought the antenna was the TB6 but he says its the TB30 something
> or
> other.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> --
> 73,
>
> Richard Thorne
> ARS N5ZC (ex KA2DSY, N2BHP, WB5M)
> Remote Control Airplanes:  AMA# 657062
> http://www.tcac.net/~rthorne/
>

> List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
> safety equipment, rigging gear, LOOS tension guages & more!
> http://www.championradio.com
>
> -----

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.