[TowerTalk] Removing Oil from a Motor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Removing Oil from a Motor
From: nielsen@oz.net (Bob Nielsen)
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 08:41:24 -0700
On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 06:11:52PM -0400, Bill Coleman wrote:
> On 6/17/01 7:06 AM, bill wall at billwall@bellsouth.net wrote:
>
> >Many chemical cleaners are now bought with a license only. Benzol (Benzine),
> >Creosote, Nitro Methane and many others.
>
> No one likes MEK? Just keep it away from plastics. It's the only thing
> that will put a dent in certain epoxies....

Back in the 1960's a co-worker tried using MEK to clean a grease spot
off his tie.  The spot came off fine, but then the MEK started to
wick its way up the tie, disolving everything in its path....

Bob, N7XY

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----