[TowerTalk] Trees Impeding HF Signals?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Trees Impeding HF Signals?
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 07:13:02 -0600
The military used HF for their mobile communications
in Vietnam precisely because it would penetrate the
jungle environment.

There was an article in Ham Radio Magazine on
phased verticals many years ago where the author
used trees to support wire verticals (on 40M I think)
and his measured impedances were very close to
his calculated numbers which would imply little
interaction.

Tom  N4KG

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----