[TowerTalk] 80m Yagis -- Too Tough to Tame?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80m Yagis -- Too Tough to Tame?
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 18:22:46 -0400
I wonder why anyone bothers with a 80 meter yagi, especially a
linear loaded yagi, when it is so simple just to install a couple
reversible wire beams or phased arrays. The only case I can see
where it is worth it is the case where you simply do not have the
room for other antennas.

If you spent the money for an 80 meter yagi and spent it on wire
and tower, you'd absolutely smoke any two or three element yagi
from the same location. The only catch is you'd need a bit more
room for ropes.
73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----