[TowerTalk] Poly phaser protectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Poly phaser protectors
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry )
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 17:21:07 -0000
Yes, there is such a thing.
The way they do it in these parts (Bell Atlantic territory) is:
If you sign up for Bellatlantic/Verizon DSL, the DSL rides on your
phone line.
If you sign up with another carrier (in my case
Earthlink/Mindspring, which uses Covad for DSL) they install it on a
separate, two wire, "digital line" to carry the DSL. Voltage on the
line is on the order of 0.1 V.
So, what I'm looking for is a suppressor for a "digital line." I see in
Polyphaser's catalog suppressors rated for T1 lines, but I'm not
sure if it would be the same. I've e-mailed Polyphaser but gotten no
response.
Also, I'm not only protecting the modem. My DSL modem
connects to my DSL router, which connects to 3 computers on a
LAN. A number of years ago, I took a hit via the (voice) phone line,
and it knocked out the answering machine on that line, the TV
plugged into the same outlet as the answering machine, and (don't
ask how) the controller circuitry for my upstairs heat/AC (heat
pump).
Barry

-----