[TowerTalk] Another Rotor Question... Ham IV vs. G-1000DXA

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Another Rotor Question... Ham IV vs. G-1000DXA
From: wa9wsj@yahoo.com (Tom Mattus)
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 11:34:14 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Gents,
According to the MARC program, I need either a Ham IV
or a Yeasu G-1000SDX/DXA rotor to do the job. My
intention is to use one inside a 25G tower.
So, which one is better? Cost is about the same so
reliability, lack of electrical noise (ref recent
brake noise postings), mounting problems?, are all
factors of concern. Also the Yeasu uses a 6 conductor
cable, all the same gage wire?
Any and all wisdom is sure appreciated!
Thanks!
Tom WA9WSJ