[TowerTalk] 80m Dipole ssb/cw switching

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80m Dipole ssb/cw switching
From: k3nd@yahoo.com (GALE STEWARD)
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 05:09:59 -0800 (PST)
I have a 75M inverted vee that I rarely use for DX or
DX contests.  Before I had my vertical installed, I
used to use an alligator clip with about four feet of
wire and a relatively heavy insulator on the other
end.  One of these "pigtails" was attached (clipped)
to each end of the vee. The only purpose of the
insulator is to weigh down the end of the wire to keep
the wind from wrapping it around the end of the vee.
Worked good for many years.  It would move the 1:1
point from 3790 to 3510.

73, Stew  K3ND

-----